Frequently Asked Questions

What is USCIS?

United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is a major part of the Department of Homeland Security and the primary agency charged with handling legal immigration matters in the United States. Their responsibilities include green cards, naturalization, visas, travel permits, and more.

What is a Green Card?

A physical card that serves as proof of lawful permanent residence in the United States. Green cards must be renewed every ten years, except for conditional green cards, which should be renewed every two years.

What is a Family Visa?

A permit for temporary residence is available to immediate family members of United States citizens. Family visas are available to spouses, parents, or children. If the family members brought to the country through a family visa meet the legal requirements, they can apply for a green card.

Am I eligible for an Employment Visa?

Temporary work visas enable an individual to remain in the United States for employment purposes. These visas generally have a time constraint, but depending on the nature of the work, they could be granted on an indefinite basis. Employment visas vary depending on the type of work, ranging from priority workers (renowned researchers, executives, etc.) to foreign investors.

Can you help with deportation proceedings?

Yes. We offer removal defense for immigrants facing deportation. Deportation can result from any number of reasons, including criminal offenses and not abiding by the terms of the visa. We can review your case and advise on the best course of action.

Am I eligible to become a citizen?

There are several requirements one must meet before being able to become a citizen. These include:

  • Must be at least 18 years old before applying
  • Lawful permanent residency for the past three or five years, depending on your naturalization category
  • Must maintain a continuous physical residence in the country
  • Read, write, and speak basic English
  • Demonstrate good moral character
  • Show knowledge of U.S. history, government, and laws
  • Demonstrate loyalty to the United States Constitution and the principles therein
  • Take the Oath of Allegiance

Am I eligible for a student visa?

Student visas grant permission to temporarily remain in the United States while enrolled in an educational program or institution. The requirements for receiving a student visa include:

  • Full-time enrollment in an academic institution, not a vocational program
  • Acceptance by the USCIS
  • Being able to support yourself or have financial support for the duration of the visa
  • Maintain residence abroad
  • Proficiency in the English language or enrollment in a program to learn English

Do I qualify for asylum?

To seek asylum in the United States, you must meet the legal definition of a refugee. Refugee, and by extension asylee status, is granted if one can prove they are victims of persecution in their home country for one or more of the following grounds:

  • Race
  • Religion
  • Nationality
  • Political Opinion
  • Membership in a Particular Group (Social or Political)


Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.

2328 10th Avenue N., Suite 500, Lake Worth, FL 33461

Maps and Flags Logo